Pebble Fina Ceilo Blue or Grigio

PoolFloaty

Oct 14, 2019
Roseville, Ca
Hi All,
We need to resurface our pool that had old school white plaster. It is only 6ft at the deep end and has a salt and pepper exposed aggregate that we are not replacing. The house is beige and we are surrounded by mature redwood trees that keep pool shaded most of the day. We are having a hard time deciding which surface color to go with. PF Cello Blue would be the safest choice with minimal mottling issues that may bug me, but not much wow factor in pool color. Grigio may offer nicer water color but I’m worried I won’t like the grey color on the steps, benches and in shallow area or the mottling that may occur. Can anyone with either of these surface colors share a photo of your pool and offer any positives or negatives you have experienced with either one? I’ve attached some photos of our pool for reference. Which PF color would you recommend? Help!?!

Attachments

• 48D93102-5F72-48B2-BE01-5F41A8EE137E.jpeg
    48D93102-5F72-48B2-BE01-5F41A8EE137E.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 15CBE478-FEED-454B-A470-AC81CBDEDBBB.jpeg
    15CBE478-FEED-454B-A470-AC81CBDEDBBB.jpeg
    634.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 865CF93C-1DAE-4FC5-A35F-15C36D6525DD.jpeg
    865CF93C-1DAE-4FC5-A35F-15C36D6525DD.jpeg
    734.7 KB · Views: 71
Here is a thread for plaster colors by real people! Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off

Here is a set of links to help you get the best plaster job possible:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links to keep your new plaster looking great every day:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

We also think every pool needs it's own test kit like the one in my siggy below.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: PoolFloaty
Hi All,
We need to resurface our pool that had old school white plaster. It is only 6ft at the deep end and has a salt and pepper exposed aggregate that we are not replacing. The house is beige and we are surrounded by mature redwood trees that keep pool shaded most of the day. We are having a hard time deciding which surface color to go with. PF Cello Blue would be the safest choice with minimal mottling issues that may bug me, but not much wow factor in pool color. Grigio may offer nicer water color but I’m worried I won’t like the grey color on the steps, benches and in shallow area or the mottling that may occur. Can anyone with either of these surface colors share a photo of your pool and offer any positives or negatives you have experienced with either one? I’ve attached some photos of our pool for reference. Which PF color would you recommend? Help!?!
Hi PoolFloaty! Did you end up going with Grigio? I think I have settled on this color. Do you like it? Happen to have any pictures? Thanks!

Hi All!
I am currently having a pool built and have the same concerns between these two finishes that PoolFloaty had. (Will Cielo have a wow factor? My pool only goes to 5' so I'm concerned the blue will be too light. Will Grigio look too grey and mottled?)
Has anyone on this site posted pics of their pool finish using either of these finishes?
Thanks!

I viewed so many Pebble Fina finishes online. . . There are a couple posted on the pebble tech site - 'World's Greatest Pools' entries and full page spread of various finishes and yes the photos are labeled. Another thing to remember on photos is you don't know the pool depth. You don't know if the pictures are doctored. I can say that the Grigio is darker than the Cielo.
This video helped a lot:

Last edited:
Thanks Sollace. I've watched this video before (and just watched it again) . . . yes, there are so many factors to consider when looking at photographs. The more I see though, the closer I get to making a decision. Thank you also for the PT link. I thought I'd seen all their offerings, but I hadn't yet dived into their World's Greatest Pools. Do you have a PT finish in your pool?

No, one quote came from a pool builder that only installed pebble tech. So I was heavily looking at Pebble Fina.
Another thought is doing a search (at the top of this forum) for Pebble Fina. It should call up some results.

Here is one thread from that search )

I viewed so many Pebble Fina finishes online. . . There are a couple posted on the pebble tech site - 'World's Greatest Pools' entries and full page spread of various finishes and yes the photos are labeled. Another thing to remember on photos is you don't know the pool depth. You don't know if the pictures are doctored. I can say that the Grigio is darker than the Cielo.
This video helped a lot:
Wow! This video is really great! Thank you!

I have also spent a TON of time online looking at Pebble Fina finishes. The resources you mention were helpful. I also did Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and plain old Google searches. I still question my choice though as I have not seen the color in person!

I still question my choice though as I have not seen the color in person!

Talk to your pool builder, maybe he knows of a local pool that is Pebble Fina. It may not be the color you want but you can see / step into the pool. You also ought to ask if there's any concerns over this finish, if they've had any problems.

Another source is looking at pool builder / plaster sites that have the finish listed on the pictures in their gallery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What did you end up going with?
If you were asking me, I gave up on PebbleTec and went with Wet Edge. Primera Stone. I liked the underwater videos where they said the finish is like your kitchen countertops, nice and smooth. Then years down the road when you need to redo, simply get them back to sand down, and it's redone. I figured it'd save money in the long run.

Reactions: Emontes84
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.