Pebble delamination

nettlebob

Dec 11, 2019
San Jose
18 months ago we had our pool remodeled with a pebble surface and added a fairly large tanning ledge that is 8 inches deep. Six months ago I noticed a thin crack about 18 inches long the outer lip of the ledge.
I drained the pool down to expose the crack to inspect it and photograph. After the water level lowered and the ledge was exposed I immediately noticed a hollow sound when I walked over to where the crack is.
The ledge is about 100 sq feet and the hollow ( delaminated) area was about 20-25 sq feet.
The pool builder sent out out tech and confirmed the problem and we set up a date to have corrected last month, 5 months after the techs visit,which was acceptable to us.
After failing to show up or contact us for the repair last month,we were finally contacted and have rescheduled the repair for next month via email saying they would apply a patch with no guarantee of color matching the original pebble color.
This is/ was a highly reputable pool co in the area but I’m concerned they are overwhelmed with scheduling issues and how bad this repair patch will look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.