PB will do closing and wants me to "add the right chemicals 24 hours before"

jodykt12

Bronze Supporter
Mar 24, 2022
Ashland, Virginia
Central Virginia, Fiberglass, SWG, 17k gallons and autocover:

My first season and apparently my PB wants me to get the chemicals in the water the day or so before they come to do the closing. (part of the build)

I do all my own chemistry and am pretty comfortable with the Taylor/TFP test kit and everything has been in range for the summer. SWG is easy.

When I asked what they wanted me to add, the PB said "algaecide" or "whatever the pool store recommends".

Seems kind of up to me. I have read a lot here and it seems like algae doesn't grow at low temps, but here the temps fluctuate a LOT during the winter so algaecide seems reasonable. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Central Virginia, Fiberglass, SWG, 17k gallons and autocover:

My first season and apparently my PB wants me to get the chemicals in the water the day or so before they come to do the closing. (part of the build)

I do all my own chemistry and am pretty comfortable with the Taylor/TFP test kit and everything has been in range for the summer. SWG is easy.

When I asked what they wanted me to add, the PB said "algaecide" or "whatever the pool store recommends".

Seems kind of up to me. I have read a lot here and it seems like algae doesn't grow at low temps, but here the temps fluctuate a LOT during the winter so algaecide seems reasonable. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Probably don’t need it but TFP only recommends one of them, I think it’s polyquat60?

Reactions: jodykt12
What is your current water chemistry data? The last recorded in Poolmath is from two months ago.

Likely just need to adjust pH into the 7's and raise the FC to SLAM level.

Reactions: jodykt12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.