PB bailed on pool startup.

simma

Feb 9, 2020
Central Florida
New pool, finished filing with water end of January. PB suppose to balance for first few weeks until pool school which is this Monday. They came out 2 days the first week and haven’t shown up since. Test shows zero chlorine and high oh Called and sent a few emails regarding them not following the manufacture startup process have not heard back.

Pool school should be fun on Monday so I can let them know how I really feel.

Should I just wait for the handover or just start adding my own chemicals now?

1644699141887.png

Just do it.

Lower pH into the 7s and add at least 3 ppm of liquid chlorine. Don’t worry about your TA. Things are pretty good.

I would 100% get some chlorine in there asap. Didn’t they turn on your SWG? With a temp of 62 you’re not going swimming for a little while so don’t worry about too much chlorine. Go get a couple gallons and use the calculator to add enough to get you between 4 and 10ppm. Your CYA is too low for a SWG so monitor your chlorine until you get the hang of this and get your CYA in range. It also wouldn’t hurt to get your PH lower as ajw22 mentioned. The main thing right now is chlorine. Nothing good comes from a pool with no chlorine.

Go get a couple gallons and use the calculator to add enough to get you between 4 and 10ppm.

Not for new plaster. Keep FC around 3 ppm to not bleach out the color while curing.

Your CYA is too low for a SWG so monitor your chlorine until you get the hang of this and get your CYA in range.

CYA 30 is good for first 30 days of new plaster.

I would 100% get some chlorine in there asap. Didn’t they turn on your SWG? With a temp of 62 you’re not going swimming for a little while so don’t worry about too much chlorine. Go get a couple gallons and use the calculator to add enough to get you between 4 and 10ppm. Your CYA is too low for a SWG so monitor your chlorine until you get the hang of this and get your CYA in range. It also wouldn’t hurt to get your PH lower as ajw22 mentioned. The main thing right now is chlorine. Nothing good comes from a pool with no chlorine.
NO, no robot no SWG for a minimum of 30 days part of the start -up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.