Pavers need if using stone dust?

Glanz

Jun 22, 2021
New England
Hello,

I have an Intex Ultra Frame 32x16. Currently the ground was dug out and leveled. Then there’s roughly six inches of stone dust leveled on top of the soil. Then a compactor was run all over it. Is that surface ok to support the legs or are pavers crucial (I’m tired of digging!)?

How compacted is it? If it is still scoop-able, it isn’t going to firm enough. If it is very compact and hard, you might be ok.

I’d consider a gorilla pad under liner in case there are any sharp bits in the crush.

How compacted is it? If it is still scoop-able, it isn’t going to firm enough. If it is very compact and hard, you might be ok.

I’d consider a gorilla pad under liner in case there are any sharp bits in the crush.
Well, I think I could still scoop it with a shovel, so I guess I’ll be safe and get 16x16x2 blocks to support the legs.
Would the gorilla pad be in addition to the ground cover the pool comes with? I’ve been reading lots about xps foam boards I believe. Would those be used in conjunction with a ground cloth or is it an either/or situation?

You can certainly use foam if you can find - supplies are constrained, I’ve heard. If you use foam, then ground cover on bottom, then foam, then pool. And you’ll want your pavers level with the foam.

I used 2 8x16x4 concrete blocks and buried them in compacted stone dust essentially making them 16x16x4. I then put a heavy duty tarp followed by xps foam (and eco cork waterproof flooring underlayment) then the intex tarp over all of that. Might be overkill but it feels so soft and cushioned under foot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.