Patio umbrellas

2" post I believe but most umbrella poles are 1.5 and as far as the deck goes I'm sure strong winds would fold the pole or umbrella before harming the deck. A 1.5 pole will still wobble in the deck holder
Thanks! I was actually referencing the umbrella diameter rather than the pool. Based on what you’ve indicated any size is at risk of falling over due to wind, which is to be expected I suppose. With a 7” deep hole for the pole is there an ideal umbrella diameter? If it’s going to wobble since most poles are 1.5”, then maybe a 9’ would be better than a 11’ umbrella. ?

Are there ways of keeping the pole from wobbling in the hole that folks have used?

We have 9" umbrellas and haven't had any issues so far and we're gonna get an 11". We ordered 2 of these and it helped the wobble a lot. to insert it stand on it to get it in the hole then wet the pole and put it in .......

Reactions: gvalas
We have 9" umbrellas and haven't had any issues so far and we're gonna get an 11". We ordered 2 of these and it helped the wobble a lot. to insert it stand on it to get it in the hole then wet the pole and put it in .......

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.