Georgetown, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello. I have a few areas, including near one of my skimmers (attached photo) where I'm missing some grout. I understand that epoxy sanded grout is preferred... any recommendations on where to get some color-matched grout (it's a dark gray)?

As for the grouting, I've grouted plenty of interior tile... I imagine I just need to drop the water a bit and apply like any other grout?

Thanks!

IMG_0545.jpg

I have used this for grout repair and never needed to deal with colored grout...

E-Z INSTRUCTIONS:

Lower pool water to 6” below the repair area.

2. Remove all loose material or grout.

3. Add LIQUID CEMENT BONDER to E-Z PATCH 4® DRY CEMENT MIX (for using just part of the kit you can use fractions EXAMPLE = 1/4 of the liquid cement bonder to 1/4 of the dry mix). Add water and mix (stir) until you get the consistency of “mashed potatoes”.

4. Completely fill area to be grouted and allow to partially dry (approx. 5 min.).

5. Using a damp sponge, lightly wipe off excess grout leaving joint full and flush. Rinse sponge often.

6. When grout is dry, polish residual “haze” off with a dry, clean cloth taking care to keep the cloth dry during this polishing period.

You may refill water the next day

To make a Custom Color with any of our cement type repair supplies, use any cement dye.

View our instructional repair video showing how to do this repair at www.e-zpatch.com

Reactions: KJB1

You can add a tiny bit of anchoring cement to speed up the cure time, but be careful because it can set too quickly if you are not ready.

Mix the grout and maybe 10% anchoring cement dry before adding water and work quickly.

Practice with a test sample first to get a feel for how fast the mix will set.

The more anchoring cement you use, the faster it will set.

Don't use anchoring cement if you want plenty of working time without worrying about the mix setting too fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.