Paramount PV3 in floor system.

pool newbe

Apr 21, 2024
Fountain Hills
I am building a new pool and wonder if the pv3 system is worth the money and what types of problems have occurred w/them. I haven't found a lot of negatives other than price.
If I don't install the pv3 system what type of pool cleaner would I buy??
Thanks

Some folks like their IFCS but in general we don't recommend them as they add complexity and maintenance to the pool and don't clean 100%.

If you do install a IFCS you should have skimmers and returns installed and valves so you can run the pool with the skimmers or the IFCS.

We have a whole forum section where folks discuss the merits of different types of pool cleaners.

Hey PN and Welcome !!!
I haven't found a lot of negatives other than price.
The prices I've seen would buy your first 5 to 8 robots, which would do a better job.

Everytime I think of IFCS, I think of the amount of time I spend tinkering with 20 year old lawn irrigation sprinkler heads, that are easily accessible and not on the bottom of my pool.

It's always a hard no from me at that thought.

Reactions: .ben
I am building a new pool and wonder if the pv3 system is worth the money and what types of problems have occurred w/them. I haven't found a lot of negatives other than price.
If I don't install the pv3 system what type of pool cleaner would I buy??
Thanks
All in-floor systems are better in concept than in the pool. Plumb in a dedicated cleaner line (that you may never use but have) and then decide on a suction or pressure side cleaner (no non-booster pressure type) or a robotic. The opinions on which of those is the better choice is discussed ad nauseum.

Reactions: .ben