Palaro's filter canister cracked, on the verge of catastrophic failure

I would either cut in a bypass now since the filter is dead anyway OR drop at one end of the pool a submersible pump with a 2" fitting on the outlet and run a hose to the other end of the pool. Keeping the water moving with elevated FC should keep you safe for a while.

I would either cut in a bypass now since the filter is dead anyway OR drop at one end of the pool a submersible pump with a 2" fitting on the outlet and run a hose to the other end of the pool. Keeping the water moving with elevated FC should keep you safe for a while.

+1 for sub pump - worked great for me during an especially extended power outage during 2004 hurricane season. Go generators and subpumps!

- - - Updated - - -

To anyone who didn't click that, you're missing out! - here is my teaser for it:
Thinking I am a genius and just saved myself a bunch of money, I bend over next to the pump to pick up a tool and BOOOOOOOOM. The crack had spread around the entirety of the lip of the top section and it goes flying about 50 feet, over a fence, into the neighbors yard.

The new filter canister has arrived. Incredibly fast I might add.
0491928732ba36a2af7a9cf914729641.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.