PAL PCR-4 Lights quit working

dignin3000

Jan 21, 2021
SE North Carolina
I have a new-ish (but old enough to be out of warranty) PAL PCR-4 running 1 under water light and 1 light bar on a water feature. Went to turn on the lights for the first time in a couple months and nothing. I pulled the cover on the driver box and the red power light indicates the system is getting power. It's a 2 year old pool fiberglass pool so I am doubtful water has gotten into the underwater light although it's possible I'm sure. Anyone have tips for troubleshooting and what to check next? The only changes to the system is I powered everything off to replace a water temp sensor that I had cut with the weedeater but like I said, checked the power light inside the driver box to make sure I didn't accidently knock something loose while I had the cover off the panel attaching the new sensor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe that is the manual, I'll take a closer look at it. I have not checked voltage at the light. Being a new pool owner I assumed that would require draining the pool but it appears you don't have to do that so I can check that next as soon as I can get some time when it's still day light out. Thanks.

Pool lights should be installed with sufficient slack wire coiled in the back to allow the light to be removed from its niche and placed on the coping for maintenance. Sometimes a hack cuts the cord short and it doesn’t work that way.

When you remove the light from the water do not operate the light for more then a minute or two out of the water. Pool lights use the water to cool them and the light may overheat outside the water and be damaged.

Some lights require a special tool to install and remove them from the niche.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.