Pal lighting???

Reactions: Israel clayman
Welcome to TFP :)

There are a couple of us who are interested and I will probably be using it when I build my new pool.. It really is new so not many people even know it is a thing.. :)

I am probably using these 2...

I talked to a rep from Australia yesterday I have to go with the trio retro style which are smaller than the even glow I'd like to find somebody who has them to know are they as bright as the panter globrite..

I have the PAL Treo lights in my pool. I dont like them. They are not bright enough. I believe they are only 7 watts. I would have liked them to be at least twice as bright.

I have the PAL Treo lights in my pool. I dont like them. They are not bright enough. I believe they are only 7 watts. I would have liked them to be at least twice as bright.dO no
I have the PAL Treo lights in my pool. I dont like them. They are not bright enough. I believe they are only 7 watts. I would have liked them to be at least twice as bright.

O no don't say that I already bought them spent $1,400

anything "can" be compatible with the correct parts... There are many aftermarket ways to connect them.. I am not sure what I am going to use yet.. :)

Welcome to TFP :)

There are a couple of us who are interested and I will probably be using it when I build my new pool.. It really is new so not many people even know it is a thing.. :)

I am probably using these 2...

I just got mine in the nicheless ones i think, I have the app installed and i know my ip address. I feel like these are a very similar system to milight. Hopefully someone figures it out with one of our current options. They just filled it to close as its a fall install so i wont be able to really play until next year. btw once you have the ip the user/pass was admin admin

Reactions: Israel clayman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just replaced my Jandy Water Colors with the EvenGlo’s. I did the 2 larger ones for my pool and havnt done the small spa light yet. Theses are this direct replacement niche style. I met with the local PAL rep before doing it but did them myself. I was worried about the lower wattage (30 vs 50 in pool and 7 vs 25 in spa) and the RGB vs RGBW. The pool lights are definitely 40% less bright (stupid math :) so the spa light is concerning me more. BUT, I will NEVER buy another Jandy light again…

As for home automation, my house is mostly smart and mostly DIY (home assistant, zigbe, z-wave, Insteon, Sonos, etc). My Jandy panel is accessible via HA. The PAL system is not ready for HA, though I was told they are working on it. Unfortunately, the PAL app leaves a lot to be desired! It’s barely usable. However, if you already have a controller like Jandy, I kept it for power off and on and the PAL lights “remember” the last setting, so it’s functional.

I am considering putting my own controller in place instead of the PAL since the lights are just RGB…maybe…I’ve also offered to help PAL with there solution for folks like me.

If anyone wants more info, DM me and we can talk. I’ve researched everything available.

I would be interested to see. I have the PAL Treo’s . They are the nicheless ones and I just have them connected to power. Was never going to considered the PAL controller.

Still not happy with the brightness but they are in.

We've had 4 PAL Treos in our True L pool for the past 8 years, and they've always been "just fine". If we ever have littles in the pool at night, putting them on white or the lightest blue gives the best light... we haven't had issues with them, until last year. 3 of the 4 lost colors. One of those only does green. :-/

SO... now that we're replacing our liner, we want to go ahead & replace the lights also. I've done a little research on them, but not enough. With the holes for the smaller Treos, what other brands could we consider? I've read a lot of people like Sunseeker, but it doesn't look like they have smaller lights.. only 7" or 8".

What say the expert galley?? :)

Attachments

• 20220528_155251.jpg
    20220528_155251.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220528_155324.jpg
    20220528_155324.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 13
So, this are high voltage with all the drivers in the lights, correct? If so, that’s the issue I have with Jandy. The Jandy lights are bright but “dumb” (colors/modes/etc) and cost $1800 each to replace. The guts are around $800 but unavailable. The EvenGlo PAL lights are just LEDs in the light which should “never” die. The controller is a $50 device that PAL sells for $300.

There are some DIY options but parts are tough to find right now.

We have a Pal light and have had no issues

Attachments

• 123C5B78-243C-4D31-BF71-0E6142E83400.jpeg
    123C5B78-243C-4D31-BF71-0E6142E83400.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 18
  • C5C80FF7-DAED-4DDC-8B2A-94D7454BA8C4.jpeg
    C5C80FF7-DAED-4DDC-8B2A-94D7454BA8C4.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 1B1D2831-49B7-41E8-A07B-6D84AE6EA6A0.jpeg
    1B1D2831-49B7-41E8-A07B-6D84AE6EA6A0.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 18
Just replaced my Jandy Water Colors with the EvenGlo’s. I did the 2 larger ones for my pool and havnt done the small spa light yet. Theses are this direct replacement niche style. I met with the local PAL rep before doing it but did them myself. I was worried about the lower wattage (30 vs 50 in pool and 7 vs 25 in spa) and the RGB vs RGBW. The pool lights are definitely 40% less bright (stupid math :) so the spa light is concerning me more. BUT, I will NEVER buy another Jandy light again…

As for home automation, my house is mostly smart and mostly DIY (home assistant, zigbe, z-wave, Insteon, Sonos, etc). My Jandy panel is accessible via HA. The PAL system is not ready for HA, though I was told they are working on it. Unfortunately, the PAL app leaves a lot to be desired! It’s barely usable. However, if you already have a controller like Jandy, I kept it for power off and on and the PAL lights “remember” the last setting, so it’s functional.

I am considering putting my own controller in place instead of the PAL since the lights are just RGB…maybe…I’ve also offered to help PAL with there solution for folks like me.

If anyone wants more info, DM me and we can talk. I’ve researched everything available.
Hi rlspool, I am curious as to your research on this topic. I am thinking along the same lines as you. I have 2/3 of my Hayward lights that went out and at $~400 each I am having a heart-attack. I do a lot with DIY LED lighting around the house (mainly WLED programming), and I am very deep into smart home solutions. My thought is that any of the 4-wire light options (to which there are not many out there) can be controlled with a generic LED controller that is compatible with my smart home and an appropriate power supply. Is that what you have found as well? Really the only options I have discovered are the PAL Lighting ones, but they are still expensive for something that literally costs $20 to make DIY.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.