Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Bought a house In February with a 25 year old pool - replaced the liner back in March and now just re-caulked and painted the pool deck with Dyco pool deck paint from Lowe's.

Pressure washed the deck with TSP and then caulked under the coping and also caulked the surface cracks. Put one coat on today and I will do another coat in the AM. I am very happy with the result. Going to try and squeeze a few more years out of it and then maybe consider a new one...

Attachments

• 20210703_194115.jpg
    20210703_194115.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: shwn2405
Bought a house In February with a 25 year old pool - replaced the liner back in March and now just re-caulked and painted the pool deck with Dyco pool deck paint from Lowe's.

Pressure washed the deck with TSP and then caulked under the coping and also caulked the surface cracks. Put one coat on today and I will do another coat in the AM. I am very happy with the result. Going to try and squeeze a few more years out of it and then maybe consider a new one...
What did you use for the caulking? We had our gunnite pool resurfaced a few years ago, and there are now some places where the caulking (which I assume was concrete) has just fallen out.

Looks great! The only problem is now you need darker sunglasses.

Reactions: Lanzz
birdgirl, I used two different types of caulk. For the cracks and gaps between the coping and the top part of the pool, I used DAP Silicone Max. This is 100% silicone, so not paintable, but very flexible and waterproof to prevent water from getting under the concrete and behind pool walls. I used the almond color, which blended fairly well with the paint color. For the cracks in the concrete, I needed a paintable caulk, so I used DAP 3.0 for concrete. DAP 3.0 is self-leveling so it is pretty runny and you need to be careful applying it because it goes all over the place. Even three months later, it is looking good, so I continue to be happy with the result. (Not sure if these would be the right products in your situation...)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.