Painted the pool black today

I've been contemplating painting mine as well. We got this pool used and it was stored poorly so it's quite ugly with mildew and dead vegetation stains.

It certainly looks great IMO much better than the factory color.

I bet the paint will provide some uv protection.

I bought a gallon of the cheapest latex flat black paint at a discount home improvement store.
What? No way. You have to do better than that. At least tell us something like, "It's the same paint used on the nose of the space shuttle" or something. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unlike other paints, latex will expand and contract with the vinyl, preventing cracks and peeling. But time will tell.

Ahhhh, make sense then. I was thinking about decorating the outside of my walls with some of that bamboo skirting but the black paint looks 10X better. Kinda stealthy. Might look even better with white river stones on the ground in front of it. Just adds tons of contrast between walls and ground. I might have to steal this idea from you, Larry. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.