lexington, ky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
We had a spill of approximately 1-2 oz of rustoleum paint into our 5200 gallon abg pool last night. The paint is just sitting there on the bottom of the pool like little several little gray gremlin blobs. How can I clean them up without smearing them all over the bottom of the pool? Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: ghall6292
We had a spill of approximately 1-2 oz of rustoleum paint into our 5200 gallon abg pool last night. The paint is just sitting there on the bottom of the pool like little several little gray gremlin blobs. How can I clean them up without smearing them all over the bottom of the pool? Any ideas?
I don't have a clue on this one, but I can almost feel your pain because it nearly happened to me a couple years ago. Have you tried Rust-O-Leum's customer service? They've probably heard about everything by now: they just might have a quick answer for you. I'll be following your thread, 'cause ya never know, right?

Good Luck!

I realized I have been very derelict in my response to the paint spill. Somehow, life got very, very busy, and this was well, sorta, minor. Anyway, it was about 24 hours later before I could get back to the spill and it had not cured. I attempted removal using a large bore needleless syringe, alas, that didn't really work. The paint had not cured. Lucky for me, I use a disposable (well, I clean it until I can't get any more use out of it - which can be months) cartridge filter; it had captured some of the paint. However, those little white miracle sponges we use everywhere in the pool (most of you know what I'm talking about) did the trick. They grabbed up the paint without complaint. Most of the paint was spilled around the ladder area so there was some scrubbing damage to the ladder mat (easily replaced-since I pulled it out and was probably a bit more aggressive in the beginning than necessary - frustrations have to come out somewhere!) Needless to say, you would be hard pressed to know someone surprised me and an "OOPS" took place. I certainly appreciate all the suggestions and well wishes along the way. Now, I am wishing (already) for warmer, longer, days, as the nights are hitting the freezing mark and I'm (almost-since the pool has just started to hit the 60's with some regularity) about to put the pool to rest for the winter. Sigh... I really do miss the long days of summer. But, I reckon I would not enjoy the long days and heat of summer if I didn't go through the cold and snow....or would I?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.