pad under easy set pool?

Can't hurt. In addition to a ground cloth (I used a heavy duty tarp), it will keep vegetation from growing through the bottom of the pool, and is a good barrier against insects like ants, which can chew pinholes through the bottom of the pool.

I'd put a tarp and a Gorilla or Rhino Pad under any pool. May be overkill, but I'd like the extra security.

As I recall, Easy Set pool kits include a pool pad. I doubt it's a very good one. I can't say for sure since I bought my Easy Set pool a-la-carte. I created a compacted sand base, then put a Rhino Pad over that just to be safe. I'm happy with that.

So confused on the choices of base pad liners.
I have used straight sand and it was fine until I went larger than 12' now at 14' getting a nice smooth base and liner has been a bear. Plus wife/kids want smooth bottom. Over the years more rocks have worked their way up through the 3" of sand i put over the leveled area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.