Ozone Degas Vessel to remove bubbles

AJB1234

Gold Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Newport Beach, CA
Hi TFP,

I installed an AOP (ozone) system that has a manifold valve the controls water flow. Before the system, my clean filter PSI was 17 and after installation of the AOP, my clean filter PSI is now 30. Post install, it runs at around 9 PSI on a lower pump speed. Is having a much higher PSI OK or is there a downside to this?

Thanks,

AJ

Hi TFP,

I installed an AOP (ozone) system that has a manifold valve the controls water flow. Before the system, my clean filter PSI was 17 and after installation of the AOP, my clean filter PSI is now 30.

At what RPM?

Post install, it runs at around 9 PSI on a lower pump speed.

At what RPM?

Is having a much higher PSI OK or is there a downside to this?

Which RPM and PSI are you normally running your pool at?

You happy with the flow out of your returns?

What benefit do you think the ozone system gives you?

Those PSI are not bad for the RPM.

Good luck with the ozone system.

Benefit= less chlorine and more contaminants removed from pool water
You need to follow the FC/CYA Levels at all times. Whatever water passes through the ozone unit will be sanitized at that moment. Unless you pump the pool to a holding tank, and back to the pool again through the unit, that water may never pass through the unit again due to mixing. As your other 34,999.8 gallons sit there with no residual sanitizer.

The 'you'll need less chorine' thing is bull feathers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why don't you want the ozone bubbles in the pool, isn't that their job? I was under the impression that ozone is a questionable (i.e. ineffective) sanitation method anyway. So, not sure why you would be running it at all.

Ozone definitely works very well. I'm married to a food microbiologist that has done this type of work for a living. Our goal is less chlorine and safer water and we are willing to pay more for that. We don't want bubbles in our pool since we have a neg edge pool and a glass tile bottom and the bubbles ruin the aesthetics. Clear Comfort AOP is very strong technology and their customers typically run their pools at drinking water chlorine levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.