Oyyy … frustrated

Erik,

You may know this, but FC will burn off much more quickly at elevated levels. The last time I did a SLAM, I used 85 for my CYA level (to give me a 5 ppm buffer of my 80 ppm reading). During the first 24 hour period coming off the SLAM, FC dropped from 44 to 28 with cool overcast weather. Next day, 28 to 21, then 21 to 15 the following day. I know, lots of numbers, but FC burn off slowed and began to stabilize as FC dropped down the scale towards recommended daily levels.

Don't panic (yet). You passed two OCLTs. Maybe you underestimated your CYA...that's fine. It would explain why FC is dropping so rapidly. Let's see what happens as FC levels fall to normal target levels.

I've been following along and I feel your frustration.

Good luck!

Reactions: Emahany
Erik, are you using the PoolMath APP? I couldn't recall. If you are, can you go into the settings and check the box that allows your test logs to be linked to TFP? That way we can see all your tests without having to ask each time. Let us know how your numbers look this morning. I'm specifically concerned with the most current CYA and how your FC was this morning.

Erik, are you using the PoolMath APP? I couldn't recall. If you are, can you go into the settings and check the box that allows your test logs to be linked to TFP? That way we can see all your tests without having to ask each time. Let us know how your numbers look this morning. I'm specifically concerned with the most current CYA and how your FC was this morning.
Just checked fc from deep end 10.5
Cya anywhere frim 45-70 . Still don’t understand the dot test.

Cya anywhere frim 45-70 . Still don’t understand the dot test.
That's one you really need to nail down. As you can tell form the FC/CYA Levels, a CYA of 40 has a much different FC level (regular and SLAM) than a CYA of 70. Are the notes below of any help?

CYA Testing:
Proper lighting is critical for the CYA test, so you want to test for CYA outside on a bright sunny day. Use the mixing bottle to gently mix the required amounts of pool water and R-0013 reagent, let sit for 30 seconds, then gently mix again. Recommend standing outside with your back to the sun and the view tube in the shade of your body at waist level. Then, begin squirting the mixed solution into the skinny tube. Watch the black dot until it completely disappears. Once it disappears, record the CYA reading. To help the eyes and prevent staring at the dot, some people find it better to pour & view in stages. Pour some solution into the viewing tube, look away, then look back again for the dot. Repeat as necessary until you feel the dot is gone. After the first CYA test, you can pour the mixed solution from the skinny view tube back to the mixing bottle, gently shake, and do the same test a second, third, or fourth time to instill consistency in your technique, become more comfortable with the testing, and validate your own CYA reading. Finally, if you still doubt your own reading, have a friend do the test with you and compare results.

You are doing fantastic and soon will do all these tests with the greatest of ease!

Here is another link, posts 3 and 7, with the same information stated a little differently. Also post 8 talks about a 50 ppm standard test to help you see exactly what is looks like at 50 ppm when the dot disappears. The reagent is Taylor R-7065. This test is especially helpful if you are unsure of when the dot disappears.

Reactions: Emahany
You are doing fantastic and soon will do all these tests with the greatest of ease!

Here is another link, posts 3 and 7, with the same information stated a little differently. Also post 8 talks about a 50 ppm standard test to help you see exactly what is looks like at 50 ppm when the dot disappears. The reagent is Taylor R-7065. This test is especially helpful if you are unsure of when the dot disappears.
Hi guys. I’m still losing 3-4 parts Per day. Not convinced that this is normal. I’ve been trying to log my test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.