Owner/builder SoCal

Don't worry, I put the mineral pack in the Nature 2 and threw an extra one in the pool sitting on the floor

So that was what you were doing behind the equipment wall. Was that right after you threw the 27.5 pounds of stabilizer directly in the filter?? :stirpot:

Here is how I left it Monday night. Still some work to do but it's a great start.

a661eabb10232dd27f4a6185cdfbc44f.jpg

Now I need to get this steel up for the patio cover posts! Once the footing are poured I can finish the deck to the house and finish it all the way around the pool.

5b0cced13733ddc0ad4c0423a8549735.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Stayed up late getting them running and powered. Still need to run the low voltage for the automation though.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the nature 2 that thingy you had me put next to the sense and dispense?

Ha!!!!!! Next pool!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how I left it Monday night. Still some work to do but it's a great start.

a661eabb10232dd27f4a6185cdfbc44f.jpg

That turned out great! :goodjob:

Dumb question for Brian - do you have to roller on epoxy or can it be sprayed on?

I use epoxy for some other things I do, and I've always wanted to spray it in some circumstances--it has never worked out.

1) It is viscous, so to get a consistent and thin layer, you have to compromise the overall integrity of the epoxy, or you have to get it hot. And if you get it hot in the spray gun pot/can, it will cure really fast, and then you risk thermal runaway. There are special spray guns that heat the epoxy just before it hits the spray gun air cap, so that is a special, but possible option. I've ruined a spray gun because I did not get the epoxy out of it fast enough, and I locked up the gun, and created some thermal damage.

2) It is messy and gets everywhere, and if you don't 100% clean things right away, they can be ruined. Epoxy is very tough, it sticks really well to most things, and it gets everywhere.

3) The overspray is now going to be another challenge. If the wind or a missing mask allows the epoxy to get places you don't want it, it is probably going to be there for a long time since epoxy is very good at sticking to things.

4) As Brian says, rolling is pretty darn effective, gives you a fairly consistent mil thickness, is fast, wastes very little epoxy, and clean up is basically throwing out the brushes/rollers.

I like the idea of two tables and two umbrellas.

Your water is really getting nice! I bet it will be "finished" in a day or so! That color is really coming through!

Looks like the kids are loving it! Did they sleep good last night?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.