Owner builder pool spa plumbing with water features

Cmtftmyers

May 6, 2021
Fort Myers FL
We are a few weeks from breaking ground on a new pool/spa project and want to make sure we aren’t missing anything before it’s too late. The current layout is 35x16 with a 8x7 raised spa with sun shelf. The sun shelf will have 2 pentair magic bubblers and 2 pentair magic bowls as a water feature. My wife has had very few requests but wants the spa, pool and water features to work independently so any or all of them can work independently or together. I am doing this project as an owner builder using a group of tradesmen I’ve known for 20 years so my access to their input is limited as they are helping me in between jobs to help control my costs in this crazy Florida market.
I’ve received conflicting info about plumbing this with actuators and valves but I’m leaning to a two pump system. We will have full automation using pentair easy touch. I’m less concerned about cost, would definitely rather do it right and make sure my wife gets the results she wants.

thanks for the input, happy to provide and additional details if needed

Welcome to TFP.

You will have the most flexibility if you do three pumps. One pump for the pool/spa filter and heater, another pump for the spa jets, then a third pump for the water features.

How many spa jets will you have of what type?

Will you have an air blower on the spa?

You should consider the Pentair IntelliCenter instead of the EasyTouch. If you get the EAsyTouch you should also get Screenlogic2 which is standard with the EasyTouch.

Welcome to TFP.

You will have the most flexibility if you do three pumps. One pump for the pool/spa filter and heater, another pump for the spa jets, then a third pump for the water features.

How many spa jets will you have of what type?

Will you have an air blower on the spa?

You should consider the Pentair IntelliCenter instead of the EasyTouch. If you get the EAsyTouch you should also get Screenlogic2 which is standard with the EasyTouch.
Wow three? Should they all be variable speed. I was sold on going to two wasn’t seeing a third in the equation. My thoughts were that two would allow the spa to function and allow the water features to run simultaneously but not the pool.

six jets definitely with a blower.

I compared the two automation options and couldn’t see a real difference in true features but I will compare the specs again tonight.

thanks for the input.

I have two pumps with a spa without water features. This is my spa setup for two pumps to run through it…

The EasyTouch is a 20 year old design. The IntelliCenter is 2 years old, modern, modular, with integrated networking, and over the air firmware updates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.