Own kit vs Store water test

So added 64oz of 32% acid and about 2 lb of Dry Strabilizer...

I actually added them by pooring them into the skimmer slowly, instead of the sock thing, i just dont know how to fit about 2lb of this stuf into a sock. Not sure if i messed up :)

Please don't do that again. I'm assuming you used liquid MA...right? That's way too strong to expose your equipment to almost "undiluted" as it would be going thru the equipment. Its real hard on the gaskets and such.

And dry stabilizer can sometimes get kind of greasy feeling when wet and clog a pipe. Not to mention that putting it in the skimmer means it is now sitting in your filter so you can't backwash for a while if you needed to.

2 pounds of CYA can go into one or two knee socks.... or one that you let dissolve and then repeat.

Maddie :flower:

Please don't do that again. I'm assuming you used liquid MA...right? That's way too strong to expose your equipment to almost "undiluted" as it would be going thru the equipment. Its real hard on the gaskets and such.

And dry stabilizer can sometimes get kind of greasy feeling when wet and clog a pipe. Not to mention that putting it in the skimmer means it is now sitting in your filter so you can't backwash for a while if you needed to.

2 pounds of CYA can go into one or two knee socks.... or one that you let dissolve and then repeat.

Maddie :flower:

nop powder/dry

So added 64oz of 32% acid and about 2 lb of Dry Strabilizer...

I actually added them by pooring them into the skimmer slowly, instead of the sock thing, i just dont know how to fit about 2lb of this stuf into a sock. Not sure if i messed up :)

Wow i messed all that up, What i meant to say was:

So added 64oz of 32% MA and about 2 lb of Dry Strabilizer...

I added the MA to my deep end in front of one of my jets slowly, and the Dry Stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid) by pooring it into the skimmer slowly, instead of the sock thing, i just dont know how to fit about 2lb of this stuf into a sock. Not sure if i messed up :)

Is your SWG on? I'm guessing it is and is probably turned up a too high which is why your FC keeps rising. You can turn it way down or even off for a couple of days and let the FC come down to your target level. Then turn it back on probably a little lower setting than where it is now and see where that keeps you. Eventually you'll get a feel for where to set it to keep the FC stable, but remember that you'll need to adjust it up as the days get warmer/sunnier. Pump run time also affects it.

Don't try to add all the CYA at once. Just do one pound at a time in a sock. It's still pretty early in the year and I don't think it's critical to get it up to 70 immediately, just try to get it there over the next couple weeks.

Is your SWG on? I'm guessing it is and is probably turned up a too high which is why your FC keeps rising. You can turn it way down or even off for a couple of days and let the FC come down to your target level. Then turn it back on probably a little lower setting than where it is now and see where that keeps you. Eventually you'll get a feel for where to set it to keep the FC stable, but remember that you'll need to adjust it up as the days get warmer/sunnier. Pump run time also affects it.

Don't try to add all the CYA at once. Just do one pound at a time in a sock. It's still pretty early in the year and I don't think it's critical to get it up to 70 immediately, just try to get it there over the next couple weeks.

It is on, reading about 3500 on the display and 60% output

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
60% is probably too high. I'd suggest to dial that down to 20% or so and that should slowly bring down your FC. Then adjust it to where it maintains your target level.

FC production of your SWG is determined by the percentage and the pump run time. 1 hour at 100% is the same as 2 hours at 50% etc. so keep that in mind if you're adjusting pump run time also.

The 3500 is your salt level. It does not impact the amount of FC production as long as it's within the target range of your SWG.

60% is probably too high. I'd suggest to dial that down to 20% or so and that should slowly bring down your FC. Then adjust it to where it maintains your target level.

FC production of your SWG is determined by the percentage and the pump run time. 1 hour at 100% is the same as 2 hours at 50% etc. so keep that in mind if you're adjusting pump run time also.

The 3500 is your salt level. It does not impact the amount of FC production as long as it's within the target range of your SWG.

im currently running my pump for 8h a day, will down that next week to maybe 3-4

im currently running my pump for 8h a day, will down that next week to maybe 3-4

Be careful not to change too many things at once. You've got a new pool and a lot to get familiar with. If you start adjusting the SWG output and then start playing with your pump run time, you will wind up very confused.

I just installed two new VS Pentair pumps. I am currently keeping my run times constant and dialing down my SWG to figure out what output I need with my new VS pump schedules. I am checking the FC, then adjusting the SWG, marking the change on my spread sheet, and then checking the FC in 7 days. With this approach, I am zeroing in on my ideal settings for the SWG.

You said your FC was 13, when your FC is above 10, do not trust your pH test as it will read higher than it really is. Wait until FC is lower and then test your pH again.

Also, I ended up buying a total of 4 test vials and 4 metal bars so I could test everything at once with no contamination of the reagents between the various tests. Much faster and easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.