Oversizing a new SWG system

Remember SWG dont run a % of power. They always run at 100% power for the fraction of the time selected of 1 hour. So if you are running 50% then its ON at 100% for 30 minutes of the hour. So what i do is run it 100% setting for only the amount of time needed to produce 3-4 ppm. If your water is not skimmed with that much time then run the pump the extra time needed with the swg off. This is if you have automation, if not then you can play with SWG settings.

Good point. If I run my SWCG at 100% instead of 75%, I can theoretically reduce pump run time by 3 hours a day. At 375W that is a savings of 1125 kWh or about $0.25 savings per day at my hyper-inflated California electricity rates. I'll give it a try.

I run at about 45% for 10 to 12 hours per day, depending on the weather, divided into two "shifts". I like the idea of a slower release of cl over a longer period of time and what I assume must be a steadier fc level. It's cheap with a vsp at 1500 rpm, though, and I tend to get a lot of organics in the pool...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.