Overshot FC - by a LOT

What is your CYA level? That could be anywhere from dangerous to nothing special depending on your CYA level.

Turn the SWG down to zero until the FC level comes down to something a little more reasonable. And then try it at about 10% and see how things go.

Update - Passed OCLT this am.

Then we had a hot day of full sun. Down to 17 FC/0.5 CC tonight (it had been 30FC/0.5 CC this morning). It's still about 82F at nearly 8 pm.

Pump is still set to 4 hrs. I turned the SWG to 10% for tomorrow. I guess I should just do the DPD test for another couple of days until I get my SWG to a level where my FC is holding steady?

And by holding steady, I mean get it down to my correct FC level and adjust to hold it there. Since I added that trichlor on Sunday, I should have a solid handle on my exact CYA level this weekend so can do the fine tuning on my chlorine level.

Yes, and you can likely skip a day testing FC with that level. See what it is tomorrow after it's had some time to fall. You could probaly afford to turn of the SWG during this time as well. You have enough FC in the pool for a day I'm sure. Up to you either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.