Overflow line plumbed to sump line -ok?

Robertmsiegel

Aug 29, 2022
Palm beach gardens, fl
Hi, my contract called for an overflow to be installed in the back of the skimmers. However, the PB added it to the sump line. Apparently the sump line’s opening is embedded in a couple of inches of rock layer under the gunnite floor, and the overflow would drain here and into the sand. I wasn’t home when they installed this, all I could see was the main drain. I’ve tried to find any information on doing it this way but can’t seem to locate anything. Thoughts?

Located in south Florida

That certainly would not have been my first choice. An overflow line in FL is likely to put a lot of water underneath the pool which is probably not a good idea. However, as long as the pool remains full and drainage is good, it should not be an issue. Where it could be an issue is if/when the pool is drained.

In the sump, is there a hydrostatic valve that will allow flow back into the pool if the pressure underneath the pool is higher than that in the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.