Outdoor kitchen build

I was planning to do no exposed aggreagte but due to the repair I had to sand off the excess JB weld. I decided to sand/polish the whole this to expose it a little. You can see in the last picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20200518_140724.jpg
    IMG_20200518_140724.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20200518_132612.jpg
    IMG_20200518_132612.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20200518_114058.jpg
    IMG_20200518_114058.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200518_131813.jpg
    IMG_20200518_131813.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20200524_163038.jpg
    IMG_20200524_163038.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 159
I bought some armor ar350 sealer Hoping it will penetrate and make it stay dark. I haven't applied it yet Cause its been super rainy around here. But I will report back once I do.

I did make 2 mistakes when I made the bigger piece. First I did not have any draft angle on my sink knock out. This made it really hard to get out. Also I did not use the set control to slow down the cure. I should have cause by the time I mixed up my 4th bag the 1st bag was already setting up fast in the mould. I still got a good surface finish but i panicked and forgot the rebar around the sink. These 2 errors led me to break the end off when I was trying to get the sink knock-out removed.

After several colorful words I figured I should try to salvage before I scrap the whole thing. I ended up getting out the 5min JB weld and clamping the whole thing together. The color is really close to the concrete but def not perfect. In the end I decided to roll with it cause I'm lazy. And in the future if it bothers me I will re do it then.

Understand that, I waited about a week before I sealed ours. I was referring to once the counters dried. Of course everything dries lighter so I wish I would have mixed the color in a little darker but all is well. I also rolled with a few areas I was less than impressed with that I couldn't get fixed, but in the end I was like ehh its an outdoor kitchen and they are minor. It can be a little imperfect lol. Gives it character lol

Been awhile since I posted.

I finished up the stone and electric but still need to finish the plumbing and the feet.. I built molds for the feet so I can make feet that will match the counter top.

For all of those looking at this build in the future. I highly recommend making the area where a large BGE sit just a little larger. Mine is 26 inches deep and just barely clears when I open the lid. It needs probably 2-3 more inches to be perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_20200620_161920.jpg
    IMG_20200620_161920.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 101
I bought some armor ar350 sealer Hoping it will penetrate and make it stay dark. I haven't applied it yet Cause its been super rainy around here. But I will report back once I do.

I did make 2 mistakes when I made the bigger piece. First I did not have any draft angle on my sink knock out. This made it really hard to get out. Also I did not use the set control to slow down the cure. I should have cause by the time I mixed up my 4th bag the 1st bag was already setting up fast in the mould. I still got a good surface finish but i panicked and forgot the rebar around the sink. These 2 errors led me to break the end off when I was trying to get the sink knock-out removed.

After several colorful words I figured I should try to salvage before I scrap the whole thing. I ended up getting out the 5min JB weld and clamping the whole thing together. The color is really close to the concrete but def not perfect. In the end I decided to roll with it cause I'm lazy. And in the future if it bothers me I will re do it then.
Hi neighbor, looking great, luv the fridge with the glass door, looks like you are into Green Eggs :cheers:

Love your work! Looks amazing. I built mine outside a few years ago and because we don't have the moisture issue you do, I used metal framing and a rock facia to match the pool

Attachments

• IMAG0375.jpg
    IMAG0375.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0410.jpg
    IMAG0410.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 79
Yeah I plan to pour myself. I have watched probably 100 videos on youtube so I think I'm basically a pro.

I plan to make a form using melomine. Use high strength concrete with flow additive. And a lot of black dye in the mix. Hopefully to get it really dark black/ charcoal grey. I'm not looking for a high polish I want it more "industrial"

Went to Lowe's Tonight. I think we are set on one of these 2 stone veneers I put them I'm my kitchen sink to wet them and see how they look next to the stainless. About 5$ a square foot. I didn't think it was that bad.
Recently, clients hired me to build an outdoor kitchen on their existing deck. I work in the V.A.M.P Stucco, so even though this deck was roofed, moisture was still a problem. Additionally, the kitchen was going to be located on the windward side of the deck, where it would be exposed to wind-blown rain. That meant not only did I have to handle the extra weight of the kitchen on the existing deck framing, but I also needed to select components that could stand up to the constant water intrusion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.