Outdoor Daybed with Canopy Recommendations?

TiggerBW

Dec 19, 2020
Berlin, NJ
Hi! We are getting excited since they should begin digging our pool next month. We are hunting for furniture! My husband wants to get a outdoor daybed with a canopy (the round ones). Does anyone have one? If so, do you recommend it? Any advice? We are newbies! Thank you!

Reactions: Nikki904
Hi! We are getting excited since they should begin digging our pool next month. We are hunting for furniture! My husband wants to get a outdoor daybed with a canopy (the round ones). Does anyone have one? If so, do you recommend it? Any advice? We are newbies! Thank you!
I have one and love it. We've had it for 5+ years now (in our 6th season with it). We got it from Frontgate. Very expensive 5+ years ago and even more now. IMO it's worth it 100%. It looks so nice and is so comfortable (I often nap on it). It's versatile too (easily separates apart to make for more seating so you don't just have to lay on it). I looked at one from Fortunoff outdoor store and it wasn't the same quality (though less expensive). My advice if you get it, get a cover from Amazon, not Frontgate (you'll save over $200). But definitely get a cover for it. The Frontgate brand has Sunbrella fabric on it and you can unzip the cushion covers and wash them in the washing machine. I've washed them only once and it still looks great even with people with on it every weekend with suntan lotion on (we're really pale, lol). I expect to have it for 10 years (hoping for more) and when you break it down it's not bad over 10 years.
51326449287_1ce6103099_k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TiggerBW
I have one and love it. We've had it for 5+ years now (in our 6th season with it). We got it from Frontgate. Very expensive 5+ years ago and even more now. IMO it's worth it 100%. It looks so nice and is so comfortable (I often nap on it). It's versatile too (easily separates apart to make for more seating so you don't just have to lay on it). I looked at one from Fortunoff outdoor store and it wasn't the same quality (though less expensive). My advice if you get it, get a cover from Amazon, not Frontgate (you'll save over $200). But definitely get a cover for it. The Frontgate brand has Sunbrella fabric on it and you can unzip the cushion covers and wash them in the washing machine. I've washed them only once and it still looks great even with people with on it every weekend with suntan lotion on (we're really pale, lol). I expect to have it for 10 years (hoping for more) and when you break it down it's not bad over 10 years.
Thank you for your response and advice! I looked on their site and unfortunately that's out of our price range. Any tips as to what I should look for in finding another site with a cheaper model? I love that Frontgate brand uses Sunbrella fabric. I wonder if any other companies do. I am very pale too. lol I lather in sun lotion as well. :)

Thank you for your response and advice! I looked on their site and unfortunately that's out of our price range. Any tips as to what I should look for in finding another site with a cheaper model? I love that Frontgate brand uses Sunbrella fabric. I wonder if any other companies do. I am very pale too. lol I lather in sun lotion as well. :)
I would look for Sunbrella fabric or something similar so anything rated for outdoor should meet that. I'm not sure where they sell them to see in person but models on wayfair look really nice and this one has a lot of reviews: Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More

Reactions: TiggerBW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.