Our outdoor kitchen build.

John from OASISSTONE called and said he couldn’t start a job due to the weather and wanted to know if he could start our job? I jumped on that. They were here the next day. In two days they were done. Wow ! What a job they did. We are so happy and what great guys building this outdoor kitchen. With every build you have problems. These guys stop the job, we discuss it- fixed it- continued. I will let these pictures do the talking.

That’s funny. I had many contractors in my life, we are so happy with them. I’m doing the numbers now -again. If I built that BQ kitchen out of aluminum with stone face and granite without the appliances would of been $8,900. That’s with the foundation. His price was $9200 ? About Then the appliances was $5600 from BBQ guys. They are a dealer for the same appliances I wanted. He gave me a price $4200. That’s $1400 less. Bottom line - he built it for less then I could of. The only thing was - I did the foundation.

I just vacuum the pool. Have the heater on. It’s all cleaned- 82 water temperature. Grill some steaks this week end. The only bad thing is- I blow out my knee and two days ago I filled the 30 lb gas tank and dropped it on my foot. Dr. Took x ray. Cracked my little toe bone and 4 th toe. I have to have this club shoe on for 6 to 8 week. If I can hold off this September for knee replacement. It’s all good. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 42
I’m ok with the pain. Not much pain. I’m scared to do anything now. I had trigger finger surgery in January on two fingers and lost my power. I also had a full wrist fusion on same hand after 9-11. I’m getting beat up. At 63 it’s time to just relax

Attachments

• F6BC9543-E771-42D6-97F2-44A887DA40BF.jpeg
    F6BC9543-E771-42D6-97F2-44A887DA40BF.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 18
  • EA671614-DB7E-41EB-967A-3CF4765C71C6.jpeg
    EA671614-DB7E-41EB-967A-3CF4765C71C6.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Gladius Nova
Some people will do anything to get a positive response to "Honey, would you get me a beer?" ;-)

That is a series of unfortunate events! Great work on everything though, I'm jealous...my project has been in limbo for months!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marty, it looks fantastic. Sorry about your run of bad luck. the rest of the summer will only get better for you though. I had a 9x10 grill area built and it was 9k before appliances so you got a good deal esp considering they passed along their discount on the appliances to you! I had other estimates and they were all about the same price. After I saw how much hard work they did, I was never so happy to spend the money (and they had the proper tools/equipment to move everything).
:)

Thanks. We are happy with the build. There cement is a fiberglass- cement mix. The walls are only 2 inches thick but yet can hold up thousands of pounds. So they say. The top is also that same mix with steel bars due to the 14 inch overhang for bar. Now here’s were it gets scary. That cement top weighs 1000 pounds- half. It’s 2 thousand pounds. When they layered the top they didn’t use glue or anything. They used there cement mix inside at top corners. That scared me. If your sitting at the bar and lean on it and if that top fell- your legs would be missing. The guys said that wouldn’t happen. He said in school were they learn to mix this fiberglass- cement- the instructor mixed 1 inch x 6 feet round rod put both ends on blocks and had three guys stand on it. Ok- it’s strong but does it work as a glue ??

I will post pictures, I just ordered the bar stools. I will be putting down slate bricks with river rocks. Let me finish. Also wanted to tell guys. We had this build 42 inches high. Best thing we did. All counter tops should be 40 to 42 inches. Just saying- I’m only 5.11.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.