Our New Pool and Pool School - First Day of Class

One more question, (since I'm not super familiar with side mount setups...)....where did you put the ziploc bag? If you look at this parts diagram, which part number were you blocking off? Or is this the wrong diagram?

we put it on top of the exposed standpipe. I say exposed because once we saw the dirty water was flowing back to the pool, we removed the water diverter on top of the standpipe so it was exposed (open). Once it was just the open pipe, we covered with the ziploc and sealed with the rubberband.

It was just something we did quickly to "stop the flood" so to speak, but it actually ended up working pretty well. Once that path was sealed off, the rest of the cleaning went smoothly. If only we had figured that out BEFORE that nasty (and I mean nasty) water went into the pool. 10 years of filter junk literally washed into the pool in a matter of minutes. It took 3 days of the filter running nonstop to get it cleaned out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.