OTO Test Results

May 5, 2017
Avon park, fl
Hi!

I have a question about the chlorine oto test. I am trying to maintain a high level of chlorine while I wait for the fancy test kit to come in the mail. I found some info about keeping the color around hunter orange so I think I am close to a shade of hunter orange. However, after a minute or so the test starts to separate and there is so type of red debris or color floating in the test kit. I never noticed anything like that at the yellow testing colors.
Thanks for any help!
20170506_085107.jpg

And I wouldn't worry about it, especially after the reacted sample sits for a whole minute or more. Do the best you can waiting till the good kit arrives. And pitch that one in the bin when it does.

Years old is not good especially if it was not in a climate controlled environment. I seem to recall at very very high levels particulates showing up like that. But since the your reagent is so old I wouldn't draw any conclusions

Yes we are almost neighbors! Sorry abt posting in two different places, I was trying to be organized by category. From a pinch a penny test my cya is 40. I have only been adding about a gallon of chlorine a day to maintain the level, I hope!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.