Osage Hills Pool Build

Below is a pic of what I have out front.. These lava rocks (in the middle there) are purple-ish.. not crazy about that color really. But I do know this mulch here would blow into the pool. I'd have to get the chunky kind.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 518
That looks nice!

I usually don't have trouble with mulch blowing, but it can get washed away. I've got the dirt pretty far below the top of the coping so the mulch can't get washed over hopefully. Plus everything slopes away from the pool. I guess I'll find out if it gets in the pool or not!

I guess we'll both figure something out that works. Our property is as flat as a pancake.. so we always have a breeze. I've sloped ours back, hopefully enough too! I got a facefull today when the wind kicked up while I was in the pool giving it a good brushing. The dirt came from potted plants. Go figure! I was trying to scoop it up with a goldfish net. LOL! It worked!

Thanks!

Day 34:

The plaster crew has arrived!!
Again I'm going with a medium or French gray plaster. I asked the plasterer about durability and he said his pool plaster is 10 years old and still in good shape. I told him that I had a coworker with a 20 year old plaster finish and he said "it's probably rough, that's pushing it for plaster. But you can expect 10-15 years if you take care of your water". He thought that where most people went wrong was closing their pool in the winter and not monitoring pH and allowing it to get out of range. He also does not close his pool down in the winter.

Cleaning the pool:

file-24.jpg

file-23.jpg

Plaster is done!! Yay!!

This is what I came home to. I don't know how long they've been gone, they thought they would be done by 11:30.

file-29.jpg

file-28.jpg

I even got this cool hat from them! I thought their slogan was funny.

file-25.jpg

It's a small world in that the concrete guy that did the deck was the plasterers brother. Pretty nice folks.

Awesome!! I noticed the edges of the steps and the ledge are not rounded off, I hadn't seen it done that way before. I like it!

When my pool was finished getting plastered :lol: they started filling it right away. I have Diamond Brite - so maybe that's why. Did they say when you can start filling yours?

I bet you're getting excited! :party:

Thank you! Yes, I am super excited! Will get to swim on Labor Day weekend!

The steps do have a little radius to the edge so it is not a sharp edge, maybe this pic shows it better:

file-30.jpg

I started filling it around 2 o'clock. I have 2 hoses going. It seems like it is going fast although I know it slows down considerably once it is filling the entire pool and not just the deep end.

Oh bp, that is sooooo pretty! Oh, I see the rounded edges now. Very nice!!! My builder didn't put those tiles in on my steps. I sure wish he had. He was going to, but.... I can't remember what happened.

It ought to be filled by morning I would think.. :snorkle:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First swim!!

We love the pool! Plaster is smooth as a baby's bottom and the water color is amazing!

file-37.jpg

file-36.jpg

I just noticed that it looks like someone is posing over by the umbrella! The kids are loving it too by the way.

:goodjob: It turned out perfectly!!! The umbrella placement is spot on! Your kids will be easily bribed from this day forward.

Someone will help you with the chemicals - You can enter your numbers on the PC, and it will help you. I know you have to keep your FC up and your PH low for now. At least that's what I was told.

Happy :snorkle: :swim: :paddle: !!!!

I took a few pictures from the wide end of the pool while there were people in it to help with scale a little. I put an 8 ft step ladder on the trailer I used to haul sod and climbed up to get a decent shot. We had a very hot Labor Day weekend, perfect for the first weekend ever with your pool!!

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.