Osage Hills Pool Build

:wave: Howdy!

I'll be watching for your pergola progress. I'm trying to figure out the "look" I want. Did you have someone design yours?

I came in to use the calculator (a real life saver..) and thought I'd check on everyone. Glad you are enjoying your pool!

Hey!

How's it going?

This pergola is a simple rectangle so not too exciting. The company I used can do some different things and they have designers on staff. They are not cheap but I picked them because of how they build them, I'm up on a hill with occasional high winds so I definitely wanted something strong. Again, it's Western Timber Frame, they have a website with lots of pics, can look at them for ideas if nothing else.

Speaking of which, 70-80 mph winds last night. Some damage to a car, shingles and deck furniture scattered. Pergola survived!

kjm11379,

Its all in my sig: salt finished concrete with a Butterfield integral color added. The color is U-20 "Smoke".
I love the deck, it has great wet traction and stays fairly cool since it is a light color. It can get hot with temps in the high 90s or 100s but I imagine anything would at that point.

Can't wait to see the Western Timber Frame pergola! If you start a separate thread for that, maybe you can put a link here so we don't miss it. Got a quote on one from them (12x22 with a roof - a pavilion really), but may be a little too much...though they are completely worth it.

We are good here!! Waiting to see your pergola bp! We haven't done much, except landscaping.. But that's a ever ending process... HAHA!

I did manage to get my numbers out of whack.... but I SLAMMed my pool, and I'm pretty sure we are on the mend. I haven't had any other issues - have you?

Can't wait to see your new build!! We have a huge water fountain to move before we can visualize a pergola..

Good to hear from you!

As promised, here are some pictures of my recent pergola addition. I purchased the pergola as a kit from Western Timber Frame. They come stained but I had this one sent unstained so I could use the same stain as was on the existing exterior wood. That added A LOT of labor, 7 gallons of stain to be exact! Putting it up wasn't too bad, the worst part was cutting the posts so it sits level on the sloping deck and installing the knife plates to the deck. I lost count of how many times I measured everything, trying to make sure it was square. It came out well I think!

I plan to do an outdoor kitchen with a counter along a wall back under the covered porch as well as an island around the grill where it sits in these pictures, that will have a sit down counter as part of it too. Whenever that starts, I'll document it in the BBQ island section of the forum.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for sharing those pics. Quality product. Pool is looking great too.

looks great!
what was the total time from plaster install to swim to swg?
was the french gray plaster a little or a lot more than white? (if you dont mind me asking)
we are getting real close to decision making and have some similar ideas.
thanks for the pics

looks great!
what was the total time from plaster install to swim to swg?
was the french gray plaster a little or a lot more than white? (if you dont mind me asking)
we are getting real close to decision making and have some similar ideas.
thanks for the pics

There was no difference in the cost of the plaster. They would do white, french gray or dark gray. You have to wait 30 days to put salt in, so you get to practice the bleach method or possibly can use a commercial sanitizer that also has CYA in it although I don't think you can use a floater with pucks yet either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.