Ortega Flo-Chk cap cracked - any suggestions?

I was trying to troubleshoot the loss of water from my spa back into the pool. I've had to replace the spring in the Ortega 3-lb Flo-Chk check valve in the past, and recently realized it needed to be replaced again. In the process of reassembling the check valve after replacing the spring, I over-tightened the cap and cracked it. So far, I've been unable to find a replacement cap since they appear to have been out of business for several years. Besides cutting out the valve and replacing with a Jandy check valve, does anyone have any tips? I've primed and glued the crack, and have it in a vice curing but my expectations are low... I looked at Lowe's trying to find another threaded PVC plumbing fitting with the same diameter, but came up empty. Appreciate any suggestions besides the obvious... looking for something clever and inexpensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.