ORENDA PR-10,000 Phosphate removal

It's a good phosphate remover. Much better than the watered down stuff you'll typically find at a pool store.

That said, if you're fighting constant algae then your chlorine is too low for your CYA level. That has far more to do with the issue than a slightly elevated phosphate level. Also a reminder that phosphate management is supposed to be done on clear water, if you have algae you're supposed to take care of it before adding phosphate remover. Failure to do that can cause a bit of a mess.

It's a good phosphate remover. Much better than the watered down stuff you'll typically find at a pool store.

That said, if you're fighting constant algae then your chlorine is too low for your CYA level. That has far more to do with the issue than a slightly elevated phosphate level. Also a reminder that phosphate management is supposed to be done on clear water, if you have algae you're supposed to take care of it before adding phosphate remover. Failure to do that can cause a bit of a mess.
Thank you for the prompt response..!
Yes, algae is what bothering us right now.
The free chlorine is 1.54, however total chlorine 2.16; Ph 7.9, CYA 113. But Phosphates 1900
So, what may help to reduce or remove algae?
Will put a gallon of liquid chlorine now... Pool is 12,000 size

The free chlorine is 1.54, however total chlorine 2.16; Ph 7.9, CYA 113. But Phosphates 1900
Pool store testing is incredibly unreliable, but if those results are anything close to your actual numbers then your FC is incredibly low for your CYA per the FC/CYA Levels. It's no surprise you're getting algae and it's not phosphates that are doing it. Strange it got that high in a salt pool, that's more typical of a pool using chlorine pucks.

Most important thing is to have good data to work on, that means doing your own testing with a capable kit: Test Kits Compared

With that data you can adjust the CYA level to something more manageable and perform the SLAM Process. That will get rid of the algae.

From there you need to follow the FC/CYA Levels. It's the cornerstone of TFPC water management. This will prevent algae regardless of phosphate level. It's at this point where you can adjust phosphates if it would make you more comfortable, but it's entirely optional and not necessary for algae prevention.

Is anyone used ORENDA PR-10,000 Phosphate removal?
It's concentrate, and required about 8 oz for 10,000 gallons
Our Phosphate is 1,900 and that is fitting algae...
Please share your opinion and experience.
Best regards,
Fred
I actually just got my PR10,000 in last week. After all the weeks of persistent rain and me being a newbie,well I screwed up. Pool had slugs, debris and just yuck in it including algae.After all my cleaning and vacuuming I used it for a five thousand gallon pool. Oh my ,it's good stuff. A little goes a long ways . I'm happy I got it. My pool is finally a clear blue and all is well. Patience is the key and I'm not patient when it's 90+out here 😂.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.