Optimum pool saga continues need help

Installing the pool in that already dug area is really no problem. I agree that the area needs to dry out somewhat, but not completely. Just remember, once the pool is installed in that same area and you back fill all the way around the pool you will be good to go. Don't get rid of the pool. You are just going to have to wait until that area dries out somewhat. Patience, patience and patience. if you can tarp the area on wet days and remove on drier (sunny) days that's a good idea. Hope this helps...

Reactions: BosKat
Installing the pool in that already dug area is really no problem. I agree that the area needs to dry out somewhat, but not completely. Just remember, once the pool is installed in that same area and you back fill all the way around the pool you will be good to go. Don't get rid of the pool. You are just going to have to wait until that area dries out somewhat. Patience, patience and patience. if you can tarp the area on wet days and remove on drier (sunny) days that's a good idea. Hope this helps...

Thanks for your message – they installed the pool two weeks ago and now I’ve just been waiting for the pool company to install the filter and heat pump. The area around the pool is an absolute mass and the backfill was done very poorly so I’ve had to hire an additional company to work on that.

I’m hoping by the end of next week I will have a completed pool then I can deal with addressing all of the damage that goes along with it like my torn up backyard, broken fence, broken irrigation system - if I had a choice on whether I would do this all over again I wouldn’t. I’m hoping my story will help others avoid some of the pitfalls that I’ve dealt with.

Reactions: gws1968
Hopefully this will be my final note on all of this. Ever since Riken installed the pool I’ve noticed the water level keeps dropping dramatically. So I will top it off using a hose and then the next morning wake up and the water level is well below the pool skimmer. Pools Plus came out yesterday to install the filter and heat pump and I brought it to their attention. I received an email from them this morning saying that there was a hole in the liner underneath the jet return. They patched it for now but have offered to replace the liner at the end of the pool season. So at least that is a gesture in attempt to repair the relationship - and the pool :)

Reactions: bloodfromastone
if I had a choice on whether I would do this all over again I wouldn’t.

I'm so sorry you had all this trouble! We didn't even try to sink ours and still had crazy issues with install, so I was saying exactly the same thing last summer - it's just so stressful. If it helps, even though we haven't had much of a swim season yet, I'm happy to report I am SO glad we put it in! I remember being upset and super anxious pretty much ALL of last summer (our installer was so rude and awful he actually made me cry once). We held off on the deck extension and landscaping until this summer because of that, just to make sure all our issues were truly behind us, so I may be back there again when they come start that. For now though I'm relaxed, happy, and thrilled with the pool and our landscape plans (even with the gross muddy mess we still have between the patio and the pool).

It really does get better. Soon your worries will be, do I get the flamingo floaty or the unicorn ... will these throw pillows match the new furniture cushions ... I really want the unbreakable stemmed wine glasses because they're prettier, but the stemless are less likely to get knocked over ... Ugh, how do I get the neighbor kids to go home so I can swim in peace and quiet ... and fun things like that. I'm not trying to trivialize what you're going through, because it is *really* frustrating, but please know that better and easier days are coming. I wish I'd known and believed that last year.

Thanks everyone for all of your support –you have been so helpful! Can any of you recommend a robot vacuum for my 21 foot round semi inground pool? Now that it set up I need to figure out how to maintain it :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just read through this whole thread and, boy, what an ordeal! I'm glad it's in. I was planning an install of that same pool this past April, but Covid19 had other plans! I hope to get it in next spring. I hope you'll update with pics when you get a chance. I'd love to see how it looks. Wondering if you're glad you did it now? Do you think it was worth it?

Reactions: Gisele_CP
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.