Opinion on river rock

I had not thought of sand. Not sure I have seen that before. I did think about dwarf mondo grass but in my mind I pictured more bugs and snakes willing to hang out in it.
Are the leaves anything more than just blowing them off like the pool deck? Seems like leaves would be an issue for ornamental grass too

The issue with river rock imo is stuff gets stuck between them and ends up looking like dogs breakfast. I’ve done several sand gardens for clients, buy heavy enough sand and everything just blows free with a nice wind. The contrast of the brown and the ornamental grasses is a beauty.

Over time the rock will become the same color as your soil most likely. Gray might look one way new, but is going to be harder to keep that color.

Otherwise, they gray rock is a little more modern and the tan is a little more natural.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.