Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello everyone

This year it has been a little warmer and I opened the pool around the same time of year as usual, but as a result there was some green around the edge ring of the water. It is also ptetty cloudy.

My question is should I open it as normal and run a chemical test first or do I attack algae with high doses of chlorine?

So far what I have done is brushed the walls (especially were the green was present) I've been running the pump/filter for 12 hours (still running), and have been running the pool cleaner vacuum as well.

I know this is probably an obvious question but don't want to waste $ throwing chlorine at it if that isn't the first step Thanks in advance

Last edited:
My question is should I open it as normal and run a chemical test first or do I attack algae with high doses of chlorine?
How do you know the correct amount of chlorine to use without testing your pH, TA, and CYA at least? Best to run a full set of chemical tests as a baseline.

Then use PoolMath and follow the SLAM Process

Reactions: chi-chi
How do you know the correct amount of chlorine to use without testing your pH, TA, and CYA at least? Best to run a full set of chemical tests as a baseline.

Then use PoolMath and follow the SLAM Process
Okay thanks just pulled the water and I am going to test now. I'll report my findings and also use pool math wish me luck