GangPond

May 17, 2022
St. Louis
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Pool was professionally opened today, green cloudy water. I was unable to get water to skimmer level. Main pump is on to filter, company added some shock. I am trying to pick out organic matter. TF 100 is ordered but not here. I went to Baker pool to buy a pool brush and gave them water to test.
Attaching the results.
Should I wait for TF100 to arrive to SLAM or use pool math tool using the info I have from their test to try to balance. I am proud to say I walked out without buying any of their recommended products. 14-19K inground saltwater gunite pool with cartridge filter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 7
Good job not buying their products! You cannot properly SLAM without the FAS DPD chlorine test included in the TF100. You'll need to wait but you can continue adding 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine daily to slow the algae down until you get your kit.

Tha
Good job not buying their products! You cannot properly SLAM without the FAS DPD chlorine test included in the TF100. You'll need to wait but you can continue adding 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine daily to slow the algae down until you get your kit.
Thank you for the advice. The kids will have to wait to jump in!!
5 ppm is liquid chlorine terms is 1 gallon? Sorry complete newbie here.

Tha

Thank you for the advice. The kids will have to wait to jump in!!
5 ppm is liquid chlorine terms is 1 gallon? Sorry complete newbie here.

Use the PoolMath app on your phone to calculate how much is needed based on the volume of your pool. For example: 5ppm in a 10k gallon pool is half a gallon of 10% liquid chlorine.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.