Opening pool for first time, green water

Jun 13, 2017
Lincoln, NE
Opened the pool a week ago and have been running the pump on low since. pH was extremely high (at least 8.2) when opening the pool, balanced and brought FC up to normal levels. (Below are the test results from last night) I have been brushing the sides and bottom daily and have cleaned the cartridge filter 2x this week. I was going to SLAM to eliminate any algae, but I am confused because I have only had to add bleach 1x this week to sustain levels between 4 - 6. I can still see the bottom of the pool but the water is very murky, almost like a diluted tea.

Is SLAMing the pool my next steps to clear up the water? I was planning to raise CYA to 30 and start the SLAM this afternoon, but if I am not losing FC overnight and haven't really had CC is there something else causing my murky water?

FC = 4.5
CC = 0.5 (had been 0 on all tests this week except last night)
PH = 7.2
TA = 120
CH = 350
CYA = 20 (taken today for first time because it has been cloudly/rainy here for past 3 days)

pool.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.