Opening pool by myself, since I am forced to stay at home for 5 more weeks. Where does this go?

May 1, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I decided to take the pool opening on by myself. I took off the cover, am filling the pool with water, and removed the plugs in the skimmer basket foundations, and the outlet plugs for water outflow. I was able to find assorted plugs inside my Pentair variable speed pump filter basket, I sealed all of the openings that I could see. Here is my issue- I found this black plug with old Teflon tape on it, where does it go?
Thanks and stay safe.
Manny

Attachments

• A587AD4A-D94D-48B0-9249-C692AC03C8EB.jpeg
    A587AD4A-D94D-48B0-9249-C692AC03C8EB.jpeg
    633.4 KB · Views: 70
  • BADA3C44-655C-491F-AA05-F3B963C3B31A.jpeg
    BADA3C44-655C-491F-AA05-F3B963C3B31A.jpeg
    705.8 KB · Views: 68
The pump usually has 2 plugs.

Also FYI those plugs are better off with a silicone lubed oring than Teflon tape. If you can get out to the hardware store, bring the plugs and match them up with an oring!

Manny,

Please do fill in your signature at the link Marty provided above. Your plug issue is a perfect example of how the signature gets you better advice quicker by avoiding a lot of repetitive questions on their part. Also a photo of the equipment pad and your pool would be helpful.

Hope you get everything up and running quickly!

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We need details of your pool equipment.
Hi,

‘’I have an free form pool, 35,000 gallons gunnite. I have a Pentair Intelliflo 3 HP variable speed pump, Hayward sand filter, Hayward variflo valve, Caretaker 5port cleaning system, Raypak heater, Jacuzzi salt water cell system.
I am trying to post photos next.

Thanks
Manny

I put the pool details into your Signature.

Check the heater. That looks like a heater drain plug. It should have an oring, not teflon tape.

Manny,

Please do fill in your signature at the link Marty provided above. Your plug issue is a perfect example of how the signature gets you better advice quicker by avoiding a lot of repetitive questions on their part. Also a photo of the equipment pad and your pool would be helpful.

Hope you get everything up and running quickly!

Chris
Thanks for your assistance.
The pump usually has 2 plugs.

Also FYI those plugs are better off with a silicone lubed oring than Teflon tape. If you can get out to the hardware store, bring the plugs and match them up with an oring!
Hi,

I placed 2 white/opaque ones into the side bottoms of the Pentair pump. I just don’t know where this black one goes.

They look like the plugs for my Pentair VS pump. Mine takes 2. One for the basket area and one for the motor/impeller area

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi,

I placed 2 white/opaque ones into the side bottoms of the Pentair pump. I just don’t know where this black one goes.

Saltwater generator? Mine has 2 plugs in the pump, 1 in the heater (hard to find) and one in the saltwater generator housing. It goes somewhere! Once you start up your pump, you'll find it I suspect. If not, turn off the pump until you do!

I tried to upload photos to my signature, it will not allow me to do so. Can you please show me how to do that.
Thanks

You can just upload photos by copying the photo and pasting right into your response on this forum. No need to actually "upload" anything.

It's very easy. Just copy the photo by right clicking on the photo. Then past it here. NOT in the signature.

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.