Reno, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Second year with a tarp over my electric cover. FC 4 at open. Now to get the 54 degrees up. Next year I'm going to try with the cover rolled up and only the tarp instead of under the tarp for support. See if it's still as nice and save my cover some life.

Attachments

• 2021-05-10 15.01.21.jpg
    2021-05-10 15.01.21.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Just be aware that with just a tarp with no support underneath it can be a death trap for anything/anyone that gets on it.

I cover our mesh safety cover with a tarp and always open to a clear pool even with water temps above 60. Yes, dealing with two covers is a pain, but it makes spring cleanup a breeze and I can open and close when I wish (usually open early May and close early October).

Oh, and covering the mesh safety cover has greatly extended it’s lifespan. 👍

Last edited:
Just be aware that with just a tarp with no support underneath it can be a death trap for anything/anyone that get on it.

I cover our mesh safety cover with a tarp and always open to a clear pool even with water temps above 60. Yes, dealing with two covers is a pain, but it makes spring cleanup a breeze and I can open and close when I wish (usually open early May and close early October).

Oh, and covering the mesh safety cover has greatly extended it’s lifespan. 👍
I have to drop the water about 3-4 below tile for freezing. Didn't do that about 10 years ago and tile just flaked off and had to replace. So dropping it that far puts a lot of stress on the stitching of the cover and shortens lifespan. Just ordered a new one $2400. So don't which way to go next winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.