Opened pool today.

pb4uswim

Jul 23, 2020
Michigan
Opened today. Haven’t vacuumed yet, but got the cover off and am draining some water. The water height got pretty close to coping over winter but stayed under.

A little disappointing that I have a small amount of algae. I don’t understand why since I still had chlorine in the water.

Also, not sure what to do about the algae in the cement relief cuts.

I was happy with the skimmer cover I used this year. I’m sure it wasn’t water tight but it kept the water left in the skimmer from mixing with the pool water. I poured antifreeze in the skimmer basket and the water in there was still blue.

All in all, another successful winter hibernation. I’ll be getting the pump going tomorrow and start the cleanup (skim, vacuum . . .).

C0B4FE45-D08D-4E64-8DE2-89A5D41CDE80.jpeg3AB6D86A-5AC1-447B-943F-F0AB72499064.jpeg826C2ECB-F45E-4966-A23B-B324A98C6861.jpeg

Looks great and I'm sure you'll have that little bit of algae cleared up in no time!
I'm getting impatient to open ours but I'm not confident our overnight temps will stay above freezing. This week we have daytime temps in the 70s and 80s but next week it's back down. I need to wait it out a few more weeks...

Reactions: pb4uswim
May have fallen just below minimum for your cya. The fas/dpd will confirm or deny that. At any rate you know what to do to get back to tfp clear!
You can try wet & forget on anything outdoors that tends to get mossy/ mildewed/ green like that. Its a little sudsy but it wont harm the pool.
Clean it first if it’s too much of an eye sore for you & then use the w&f as a preventative
or
just use the w&f & let it work its magic over time. I use it all around my house 2x’s a year (spring & fall) no more green side of my house & no more getting drenched trying to pressure wash! I use it at my mom’s too for her plastic white porch railings. Hers stay looking good year round & every one else’s are mildewed unless they just got pressure washed. If you have moss or lichen you may want to apply it a couple times within a week or so & it will just start to change color & fall off.

Reactions: pb4uswim
Today I got everything uncapped and got the motor/skimmer working. It’s nice when everything works. Just a bunch of steps to get everything back on line but no problems. Also did a lot of brushing. I’ll vacuum tomorrow and start balancing the chemicals. Too bad it won’t be warm next week. I’ll get it ready though. Summer temps aren’t too far away.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.