meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
shirt story, was on vacation, so did t open pool until yesterday. black green. my heart sank. It's my 3rd year of new plaster. So I got it all raked out, skimmed and vacuumed. SLAM levels of chlorine and pool is going from black to now blue in about 48 hours.

BUT my seat, steps and walls are stained yellow. I'm emotionally attached to my pool, like many of you might understand. My heart heavy.

Do you think the yellow will fade away? it's def organic algae stain. Not anything else. Not going to let this happen ever again.

Ill be back at the pool Sunday and will post pics. right now chlorine level is super high and I left it on recirculate for 12 hours a day. I didn't want to chance it on filter bc the DE filter was clogging. quickly. I probably backwashed it like 6x already. In hindsight, I wonder if SLAM it first, on recirculate. Let all the algae die and sink. then vacuum. Then start with the filtering after that. Otherwise . burning through DE.

Hopefully staining comes out with the heavy chlorine shock. Ugh, I'm still so upset.

Definitely not just brushing out. I'm wondering if this is some metal staining?

Attachments

• PXL_20220718_214502603.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220718_214502603.NIGHT.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20220718_214426855.jpg
    PXL_20220718_214426855.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 11
stains on wall test cleaned up with the Bioguard Erase. Stains on the seat didn't come out right away. lightened up some in the test and I could see the reddish color lifting into the water. stains is lighter, but still yellowed on the seat.

should I move this thread out of the algae section? my bad. clearly not much traction here on my thread. thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.