Opened new pebble sheen with stain

blazin

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2017
Franklin, MA
Web7hlO.jpg

Brushed this but didn't go away, currently SLAMing. Only thing I can think of is this past october I needed to siphon the pool to lower the level after it was closed for the season.

Rust spots?

Pool completed last August, is this worth contacting pebble tec? Vitamin c?

It's in my deep end and water temp is 54, brrrrr, cheese cloth bag with crushed vitamin c on the end of a cleaning pool?

Thanks

I haven't had a chance to put a puck on this, mainly because I don't use pucks. I did however just finishing SLAMing the pool after 3 days, and brushing that area everyday. It has not seemingly changed at all, and I had my FC at 10-12 with a CYA rising from 0-30. I tested CYA when I opened and got effectively clear water. Dumped enough to raise the pool to 30, but wasn't able to get it to register during the SLAM.

Anything else I could try before I head out and get a bucket of pucks just to try this?

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold off on that puck. Start with Vitamin C. If it lifts it, it's metals. If not, then go for the trichlor to see if it's organic. The reason being is that trichlor is very acidic, and it, too, can lift metal stains. So if the stain lifts, was it the chlorine on the organic or the acid on the metal?Trying a Vitamin C first eliminates that question.

Just a plain, cheap, generic Vitamin C tablet. You can probably beg a few from someone you know if you don;t already have some. Or go buy a bottle for a couple bucks. Rub it on the stain like chalk and wait ten minutes. Then brush the crust off. You'll know right away.

Reactions: onBalance
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold off on that puck. Start with Vitamin C. If it lifts it, it's metals. If not, then go for the trichlor to see if it's organic. The reason being is that trichlor is very acidic, and it, too, can lift metal stains. So if the stain lifts, was it the chlorine on the organic or the acid on the metal?Trying a Vitamin C first eliminates that question.

Just a plain, cheap, generic Vitamin C tablet. You can probably beg a few from someone you know if you don;t already have some. Or go buy a bottle for a couple bucks. Rub it on the stain like chalk and wait ten minutes. Then brush the crust off. You'll know right away.
Ok already have the vitamin c, gotta sock it to get to the deep end wall. I'll give that a shot and then go for a puck if it doesn't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.