Open 13 days, still cloudy

Let the FC drop a bit yesterday afternoon and went for a swim! Now back up to SLAM level and of course I'm almost out of reagent. Just placed an order, hoping it gets here very soon, I think I only have a few more tests left.
No need to let FC drop, as long as the FC is less then the "shock" level for your CYA, see chart here[FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

I'm thinking of starting to put in some salt and get the level up. My SWG says 3400 is ideal level. I read in Pool School that I should go a few hundred above that number? Yesterday the water definitely tasted salty, enough that my 11 year old neighbor commented on it. I'll do a salt test again today but I didn't think the water should actually be salty enough to taste?

Some people are more sensitive to "salt taste" then others, I can definitely taste "salt" in food my husband considers "bland" and when he adds salt to food.. Yeah well, anyways ;) Some can taste it even at low concentration :)

I'm so close to the end. I feel like this is the last day and I'm out of chlorine :mad: There's no way I can get more until this afternoon. Should I turn on my SWG to try to keep the level at least slightly elevated for the day?

The risks involve shortening the life of the SWCG because it isn't designed to maintain such a high level of chlorine.

Waiting for more liquid chlorine, will at worst, just add a day or so, it will be okay! But hiccups are the worst!! :D

Some people are sensitive enough to taste it. Me, not so much.

I would add salt in stages... maybe 3000 to start. If you had too much, you’ll have to drain water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.