Oops... Did not expect this..

You can see where it is bending the fence.

This has never happened before and now I'm stuck like chuck as there is no way to take them down when they weight a million pounds. Sigh!!!

I am hoping that the fence and fence pole goes back to normal when the load is removed.. If not, I'll have to figure out how to fix it then.

Jim R.

Can you smack a 2x4 T together to help in the middle ? Maybe drape a towel over the top so the edges aren't sharp.

Luvs me some tubafours.

hacksaw-jim-duggan-entrance.gif

We had one of those gazebo things with the replaceable cover before my husband built the patio & it died in it’s 1st snow/ ice storm. We had been under it getting snow off the table & just came in when it crashed.
8E7E05DF-CFC8-4585-8097-BA04854BFEBF.jpeg
CFBCD22F-159D-402D-8669-0C79AB27436F.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
M,

I was worried about the same thing. I tried to not get under it as it would probably kill me if it fell the right way.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I’d also be worried about the damage the snapping cables might cause. Not sure how you have them attached now but maybe after the thaw use something removable/unattachable like carabiner clips so you can just remove them at least on 1 side for instances like this or during heavy winds.
Btw- your back yard looks pretty cool 😎

use something removable/unattachable like carabiner clips
M,

That is exactly how they are now.. This has never happened before, and by the time I realized it was happening, it was too late to take them down.

Something for me to keep in mind the next time we are forecast to have an ice storm.

Thanks,

Jim R.

250-3484_0.jpg

Get one of those giant tents that can cover the entire property and crank up the 400,000 BTU/hr heaters and the entire place will be melted in no time.

Maybe even get some acrobats, elephants, clowns, lions and tigers etc. and have a circus.

Peanuts, popcorn, cotton candy, hotdogs, hamburgers, drinks and everyone on the block will have a great time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.