Online pool operator training.

Sboyse

Feb 7, 2020
Alabama
I belong to an organization that has a pool and has always paid someone to take care of it. They want to get me certified as a pool operator so that I can take over those duties and hopefully save them money. The health dept options they accept are a 3 day in person class (which I can't do because of my real job) and an all online course. Looking at the link they sent the only thing that mentions time is that you have 30 days to complete. There is no mention of the time commitment it will take to go through all the courses and complete the test. Has anyone here taken one of these online courses that can help me figure out what I'm getting myself in to.

After you go through CPO training I suggest you read...

and you will better understand the differences between TFP methods and the "industry" methods in the CPO training.

Reactions: Sboyse
After you go through CPO training I suggest you read...

and you will better understand the differences between TFP methods and the "industry" methods in the CPO training.
It may be different in the US, but where I live in Canada the CPO course is very much in line with TFP (aside from a lower CYA level being required for public pools with a max of 50 ppm allowed outdoors only). The CPO course we use highlights all the issues with the pool industry way of doing things. My guess is that most people in the pool industry here have no CPO training aside from the few who actually maintain public pools. Those that take care of private pools can get away with no certification and learn everything they know from the sales people in their industry

Reactions: Sboyse
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.