One week in and already cloudy

Thanks Zimm.

We were actually suppose to have an ozonated pool. But they installed just the chlorine instead (so many issues with this pool process...that's a whole other post!) The guy who gave us the pool instruct said not to even bother with the ozonator (and I've ready basically the same things here). So we did not tell the to add it. But...had I known they were useless, we may have done a salt water pool. Now I don't even want to know what we have to do to convert it. All of my friends are just in shock that we have a chlorine pool and it's not salt water. I feel like an evil person now if their kids come to swim because of how badly people think of them. I am very glad for this site though, because I feel better about the chlorine pool knowing how to care for it properly.

I have been reading other posts and saw one on the Liquidator. We like the chlorine pucks simply because it's easy, but I don't want all of the other problems that they can cause. Next season I was going to do away with the chlorinator and try BBB. But not that I saw the Liquidator, seems like the best of both worlds, or am I just trying to find something easy :whoot: . Anyone have experience with this?

First and foremost a swg pool IS a chlorine pool. It uses the same kind of chlorine that you pour in yours. The swg just makes chlorine from the salt in the pool. You have Free Chlorine in either case.

With a pool your size I wouldn't recommend the LQ (Liquidator) due to the amount of chlorine you'll ahve to haul to keep it full. You're better off with an injection pump or adding a swg. By the way, adding a swg probably isn't nearly as involved as you imagine it is. If you'll post some pics of your equipment pad we can tell you what you'd have to do to add one.

Correct. I added the SWG myself in a few hours with parts from home depot and 450 pounds of mortons pool salt from walmart. There's a SWG section on the forums. But get a handle on your pool first- the SWG can come later if you get tired of manually adding chlorine.

Basically the SWG goes in your plumbing after everything else. It gets power from the pool pump, so it runs when the pump runs. Takes the little bit of salt in the water and makes it's own chlorine. Salt pools aren't really "salt" like ocean water. Only 1/10th the salt content. Most people can't even tell there's salt in the pool at 3000 parts per million (PPM).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.