One fool's (+ others) method for doing a round AGP deep end

Re: One fool's method for doing a round AGP deep end...

linen said:
Since supertune and jrh1010 have added greatly to this thread, I have renamed it "One fool's method (+ others) for doing a round AGP deep end".

I am not implying that supertune or jrh1010 are fools...or am I :twisted:

Its borderline Linen, for me atleast. :hammer: I cant vouch for supertune : )

Re: One fool's (+ others) method for doing a round AGP deep

I'm glad to see this thread updated...very interesting.

Supertune, are those two tail-waggers getting paid? It doesn't look to me like they are contributing very much. :mrgreen:

Oh they're contributing... digging in the dirt mound, no interest in a pool when they see a pile of dirt almost as tall as they are!
Didn't take pic's of the final assembly and getting the liner laid, just too tired and not thinking about the camera, just get it done!

I have a 21' round with 32" flat around the inside wall and went 68" deep (4" just shy of 6') in the center. I used a 72" expandable liner. I went buried 14" inground.
I love it! If I had to do it all over again I would make the slope more severe and go all the way to 6' feet deep with a flatter center, might be harder to set the liner, but I would try!
I do have a few wrinkles, my crew that Sherri promoted got in too big of a hurry while I was still at work and had the pool dip filled before I got home and scolded them all!
I would try and use some kind of roller also to smooth the sand bottom more, I tamped it with one I bought at Home Depot.

Attachments

• 100_8177 resize.JPG
    100_8177 resize.JPG
    403.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_8167 resize.JPG
    100_8167 resize.JPG
    404.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_8169 resize.JPG
    100_8169 resize.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 151

I did use a high end commercial weed block mat, foam cove w/some sand and then sand bottom. I did buy pool wall foam for the bottom and walls, but decided just to do the bottom only, which I think was a good move. Love the feel of the bottom of the pool other than it's bit slippery and the sides are nice as well without the foam.
Chuck

Attachments

• 100_8185 resize.JPG
    100_8185 resize.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_8181 resize.JPG
    100_8181 resize.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_8170 resize.JPG
    100_8170 resize.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 151

Pool is up and has been good for a few weeks and we finally got started on the deck build. Someone else is building the deck because, well, because I dont want to and it wouldnt be finished until next summer if I tried. But here are some pics. One thing I dont normally see on here is a price associated with the build, so I will tell you mine. After leaning on some contractors and telling them other prices I was getting, it finally came in at $8500. Needless to say, I had sticker shock, but it is everything we wanted, as big as we wanted, and it built by a reputable builder. I could have had it done cheaper, but you get what you pay for and I want this deck to last 20 years. So here goes. By the way, the total square footage on the deck is 910 Sq. ft.

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

And after it is all said and done, with some serious rain storms that come through in the building process and after to pool was set up, the pool ended up off 7/8 of an inch in 2 different spots. I am not sure why it settled as everything is on concrete blocks, but I am assuming it settled at the location of the bottom rails where some sand washed out and it just set in the ground some. It shouldnt cause much of an issue, I hope. That would be terrible if 28K gallons of water came rushing into the yard : o

Yeah linen, it did get kind of big. I told the builder I wanted to do it, the day before he or someone else was going to start building, that I tried to cut it down in size so he could get the job. Because he was a little more expensive then the other and I really wanted him to build it. He said he would do it for the lower price and start the next day. The was 7/8. He started on 7/9. It took three of them two full work weeks, 8-5, one Saturday 8-5, and today from 8-1. A total of 280 man hours. I am soooo glad I decided not to tackle that project. It started out as a deck on one side and I was going to do the other side next year and then put the slide up. Then it turned to, wellllllll we need to go ahead and get the slide up so lets build a walkway connecting them, then the wife got involved and it turned into her wanting it to go all the way around the pool and that where we ended up. But it is awesome to say the least and we are going to hopefully enjoy it for years and years to come.

The water is nice and clear though and the deep end looks great and has paid dividends. If I could offer one suggestion to anyone, it would be to go with the deepend. I do have some wrinkles, but they are worth it for the extra 2' of depth.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

jrh1010 said:
The water is nice and clear though and the deep end looks great and has paid dividends. If I could offer one suggestion to anyone, it would be to go with the deepend. I do have some wrinkles, but they are worth it for the extra 2' of depth.
I agree totally :goodjob: ... and having a deep end does not mean you will get anymore wrinkles than a non deep end pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.