OmniPL Water Feature Configuration Issue

TAyers

Jun 22, 2020
Texas
Hello All,

Just started putting the final touches on my new pool build. With that being said I am running into issues when I create more than one water feature in the configuration. I ran several tests and noted that when I have two water features created the tristar vs pump seems to start having communication issues. I have a slide and a waterfall that I will walk through on this.

• First I added my waterfall feature. Tested it, and the pump would track my requested output as expected without any hesitation or issues
  • Great, so then moved to the slide. Added the slide to the configuration. Went to turn it on and the pump starting acting erratic(Would not start unless pressed twice, surged, turn off and back on, etc). Turned the slide off to try the waterfall again, and had the same pump turning on off/surging issues. Did some troubleshooting, but ultimately removed it from the configuration.
  • Tested the the waterfall again after the slide was removed. Pump started and tracked as expected without any hesitation or issues
  • Added the slide again. Tried the slide, but had the same results as earlier. Here is where things get interesting. I removed the waterfall from the configuration this time
  • Tested the slide again after the waterfall was removed. Pump started and tracked as expected without any hesitation or issues
  • For a final try I did a full factory reset and redid the entire configuration. It did the same thing in the end
A few items to note:
  1. The filter pump never had any issues throughout this entire process.
  2. It almost seemed like the pump was falling asleep because if I hit diagnostics or another speed it would "wake" back up and tracks/tart to work for a few seconds
  3. Opened the valves manually to verify it was not a backpressure or flow issue on the pump
  4. I have some videos on my phone, but do not know how to move them to here yet.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Overall I like the system outside of this. Omnidirect works great across my 3 light groups, and the app is responsive(I am hardwired for ethernet).

Regards,
Travis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.