Omnilogic with a Pentair Superflo VS pump?

Yes, the Superflo is running. The flow seems good but I question why the flow isn't coming out two of the jets but air does. Maybe my interpretation of good is really not.

I don't mind spending the money on the Ecostar if that's the best fit for the type of pool setup I have. How much would I have to dial the Ecostar down to work with my filter?

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a pool cleaner that runs off the pool pump as well

Those jets could be plugged. Have you ever tried removing them and flushing the lines?

48 sq-ft filter can handle over 96 GPM so I don't think that is an issue with your setup especially if you are only doing that for the spa jets. If the jets are 3/8", you really only need about 90 GPM total for all 6.

I have not tried flushing the lines. I'll have the pool company look into that.

So when you have a pool and spa combo, the small pumps like the super pump, Superflo and Maxflo are just not strong enough? Do I have that right

What is gpm on the Ecostar? I ask because I thought the Ecostar was more than 96 gpm and it would damage my filter.

Mark, thank you again for all the info. Very helpful.

So when you have a pool and spa combo, the small pumps like the super pump, Superflo and Maxflo are just not strong enough?
It depends on the design and the number of jets (working). If I new what size jets you had, I could make a recommendation. And if you can get the other two jets to work that would play into it as well.

What is gpm on the Ecostar? I ask because I thought the Ecostar was more than 96 gpm and it would damage my filter.
Flow on a VS pump is variable so you can set any maximum you want. The pump itself has a maximum flow on a particular plumbing setup at full speed but that doesn't mean you have ever run at that speed.

Spa has 6 jets and they look to be 1/2"
Are you look at the fitting that is flush with the spa wall? That is not the spa jet nozzle. The spa jet nozzle can only be seen if you drain the spa, remove the exterior fittings and look deep within the spa wall. The nozzle is set back. The nozzle looks like this:

217-3330.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.