CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi experts, i need some help. I had my OmniLogic system professionally intstalled a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, they forgot to add the Hayward wifi module (HLWLAN) with my original quote and so it was not installed the day the rest of the system was. They just dropped it off. I'm a networking/computer hobbyist, so i figured this wouldn't be hard to set up. I have a good amount of experience with computers and POE access points/cameras; i set up my home network from scratch made up of three switches, 6 APs, a router, NVR, NAS, UPS, RPS, and 6 POE cameras. I ran ethernet for all APs/cameras/switches. This shouldn't be difficult!!

The first note said to make sure you are on firmware 3.1 or later, which mine is (4.0).

I connected everything as the manual states, and when i powered the system on, i am getting power to the module and the LAN port for POE has an orange light. seems like everything is connected.

But when i try to scan for my wireless network in the OmniLogic menu, it just says "no networks found". I even set up a hotspot on my phone 3 feet from the antenna, still nothing. I know i get good wifi outside by the pool. I have a wifi 6 access point about 70 ft with clear line of sight to the wifi module.

Also, there's an 'alarm' going with a repeated notification :"Error provisioning request failed"

So i don't think the OmniLogic system is 'seeing' the antenna that's hooked up.

It doesn't help that the instructions in the manual state that once it is connected, power the system on and go to Config --> Wifi Bridge which i don't have in my config menu.

Any ideas? thanks!

Edit: I just upgraded the MSP firmware from 4.0.0 to 4.3.1, didn't seem to change anything other than now that "error provisioning request failed" is no longer present.

still getting this:

Last edited:
What router do you have?

You have 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz WiFi SSIDs?

You try offering a 2.4Ghz unsecured SSID?

So this was not a wifi issue. This was a combination of poor instructions and a clunky user interface from Hayward.

I had to tell the system that i wanted to use a wifi antenna. In the instructions, it says to select "wifi bridge" but no such option exists on my firmware.

What i did to fix this was i went into the service mode, then config, then network. I selected the option to set up a wifi antenna. It gives some weird message about the system needing to restart before this will be available, and then it restarts itself. then you go back into the config menu (NOT in service mode) and back into the same network tab, then select setup wifi.

The issue for me was that when i selected this in the regular (non-service mode) network tab, the system would NOT restart itself. it would just give you that message about the system needing to restart but not do anything.

Terribly clunky, needlessly confusing, but as soon as i did that it found my outdoor AP and it's been working great.

There really should be better instructions outlining this process as well as some indication that wifi has not been enabled at the 'search for networks' screen because when it says 'no networks available' it is very misleading, making you think it is actually looking for networks but cannot find any. In reality, it is not set up or even trying to use wifi at that point.

I hope this helps someone!

Reactions: Jaimslaw
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.